First built in 1622, the Chapel of Our Lady of Penha has since been renovated in 1935, returning its architectural beauty.
Architecturally, the Chapel is one of the rare religious buildings that mixes both new and old architectural styles. It also used to be a site of pilgrimage for voyagers about to embark on dangerous journeys.
Visitors should take note of the nearby Bishop’s Residence, which was also restored in 1935. Although its beauty pales in comparison to the Chapel of Our Lady of Penha, the Residence holds the historical records of both buildings.